Dentist in Miami Beach
The American College of Prosthodontists reports that about 178 million American adults are missing at least one tooth. Nearly 40 million have lost all of their permanent teeth.
Regardless of the cause, tooth loss can have serious consequences on your oral health, diet, speech, appearance, and self-esteem. Dental implants provide a long-term solution for tooth loss that can improve more than just your smile. Here are 5 ways dental implant restorations can change your life:
- Improve your speech. Missing teeth can leave gaps that cause vocal impediments. Dentures can be bulky or loose, leading to discomfort, slurred speech, and embarrassment. Dental implants stay secure and do not take up additional space in the mouth, so you can speak naturally.
- Preserve your jawbone. The roots of teeth are naturally embedded in the jawbone. When the tooth and root are missing, your jaw’s bone structure can begin to deteriorate over time. Dental implants help to preserve and strengthen the bone, as natural teeth do.
- Keep your teeth in place. When a tooth is lost, surrounding teeth can shift into the opening, distorting the shape of your smile and bite. Dental implants fill the gap and hold your surrounding teeth in their correct positions.
- Look younger. During early adulthood, the teeth and jawbone work together to support facial features. When teeth are lost, facial skin can crease or droop near gaps. Jaw bone loss can lead to further loss of support, causing an unnaturally aged appearance. Dental implants restore your facial support and help preserve jaw bone structure.
- Improve your smile. Gaps in your smile can leave you feeling self-conscious about your appearance. Dental implants look like natural teeth, restoring the beauty of your smile. Studies show that feeling good about your smile boosts your confidence and self-esteem.
To learn more about the benefits of dental implant restoration, contact our office for your consultation.